Monday, September 30, 2013

PR!! Yeah Baby!!!

Well, as you can see... I PR'd for the Half!!  My goal was to do sub 2 hours, and I DID!!!  1:59 :) But I will take it!

Me and Hub.  He got 3rd in his age group!! 
It was a fun, fun race!  My husband and 2 friends did it with me.  They all did an awesome, incredible job!  The first 9 miles flew by and I was thinking that this would be really easy.  The last 4 miles were tough mentally, and on top of that there was a huge hill at the end!  So, I just prayed and prayed that I would get through it!  And I did!!  It was an awesome race!

The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun.  We were pretty busy, we had our race, some church functions, and we celebrated my father in-law's birthday.  And we also tried to rest.

Sunday morning I did a 3 mile recovery run at a 9:19 pace and it felt so good!!

I did 5 miles this morning.  I went out and said to myself that if it didn't feel good I would only do 3 miles.  So, it felt pretty good this morning and I was glad I went out and got 5 miles in.  I averaged a 9:01 pace today. 

On a total side note... I'm concerned that Little Lu has chronic fatigue.  Friday morning she would not get up!  This is her at about 8.


I made her go outside, and she wanted to come right back in!  A little later when it was time to get ready for work, she came in the bathroom with me.  This is what I found.

Ignore the bra she's laying on :)
She is just always tired!!  She is a funny dog, for sure :)

Anybody else PR this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment