Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Fun Day!!

Good Mornin'

Today is a rest day which is pretty exciting for me.  I used to do 4 days running, one day off.  But since the marathon is over, I've been doing 3 days on, one day off.  I got my haircut and my hairstylist/neighbor wanted to do a keratin treatment on it and I can't wash it, or put it up for 48 hours, so I ran Sunday, got my treatment, and then will take off today and by the time I run on Tuesday I will be able to put it up for my run :)  I don't know if that made any sense to anyone, but hey, it makes sense in my mind.

This weekend was awesome!  First off, it's now officially FALL!!  And the weather here is matching it, so it's awesome!  Friday night we went to go see our friend who works at a running store and got new shoes!  The first pair of running shoes I got were Mizuno Wave Inspire 8's.  After that I switched to Brooks Adrenaline.  But, my good ol' friend had me try on the Mizuno's again, and that's what I got. They are the new 9's so I'm pretty excited... and it doesn't hurt that they are pink!


Saturday morning, we got up and got a good run in.  I did 5 miles and decided that I was going to go out easy and that I didn't care about my pace at all.  It felt easy and good and I averaged a 9:06 pace :)  Pretty happy with that one!

After our run we went to the Farmer's Market and got some goodies.  Then we went to another little market and got stuff to decorate our house with.


Sunday, we did the run thing, church thing, and then took little beagle down to the pier for a walk.  She loved it, and everyone loved her, of course!!


Oh, and I almost forgot... Hubby and I are doing a Half Marathon this coming Saturday!  Pretty pumped and hoping to get a sub 2!!

Any races coming up for you guys?

Did you have a good weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment