Monday, August 26, 2013

Wedding Weekend and Running on Vacation

Good Morning!!!!

Today is a rest day for me and will be a low mileage week because Saturday is the MARATHON!! I'm nervous, but very excited!!  My goals keep changing, so we will see what happens.

Okay, so this weekend, as you know, my dad and I took a road trip to see my grandpa turn 90 and get married.  My mom went down earlier in the week and we waited to come until Friday.  We had a very good time together!  I feel very blessed that at 27 I can go on a road trip just me and my dad :)


My grandpa turned 90 and doesn't look a day over 65.  Seriously, this man looks so young and acts so young, too!  He still paints, builds, lays flooring, does roofing, everything you can think of.  He cracks me up.  He painted a picture, and I told him that I liked it so he gave it to me.  I guess that's what grandpa's are for, huh?  He said that if I ever want anything to just let him know.  (Good to know!) :)


My mom and dad.  Aren't they precious?
Saturday was the wedding ceremony and I got to cross an item off my bucket list and be the flower girl!  I got up early and got an 8 mile run in just around the hotel.  My dad and mom were walking and I stayed near them because I they tend to get nervous about me being by myself in an unfamiliar area.  So after that, we went and got breakfast and then the wedding festivities began.

I made my own little basket (apparently when you are an "older" flower girl you have to make your own) and I forgot to give myself little petals to throw.  Hm, maybe next time.



 The ceremony was just a precious little thing.  After the ceremony we celebrated my grandpa's birthday in the church basement.  We had a good time.



 Now, we are back home and my parents are getting ready to leave.  This is how my dad feels about leaving me to go back home.  I feel the same way :(





Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment