Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Morning Run and Matching Shirts

Good Morn!

I went out for a 4 mile run this morning.  I think my favorite kind of runs are the runs that I go super fast and come back feeling really accomplished, and my other favorite run is the kind that as soon as I start I want to quit SO badly, but I keep on going and finish strong.  That also makes me feel accomplished (in a different way, obviously.) 

Before


After

Today's run was one of the "I want to quit and I can still see my house" type of run, but I pushed through and finished strong, so I felt pretty good.  Sidenote- Does anyone else's hair not stay up while running?  I have pretty thick hair and I don't like it to touch my neck when I run so I put it up high and don't pull the hair all the way through (you can see it in the top pic) but as soon as I start running it falls!  I need to try something else.
 
Just a couple more days until the marathon!  My brother called yesterday (the one who's running the marathon, too) and said he was at the running store and was going to try to find us matching shirts!  I was BEYOND excited!!  I didn't think my brother (who is 7 years older than me) would ever want to match me, but he does.  That warmed this little sister's heart :)  We talked for a long time about our strategy and how our runs have been feeling and that we are both excited to get this thing over with!  I always feel that way about a "big" race and usually when I'm done, I am like "when can I sign up for another?"  But this marathon racing is a big deal and has taken a lot of time and effort.  I am having fun with it but I don't know if I will want to do another, but we'll see.  I'm just excited I get to do this with my brother!

Anyone run a race with family members?

No comments:

Post a Comment