Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sundays and Races

Good Morning!! 

We are back from yet another race.  This time it was for my hubby.  He had an alumni 5k for his high school.  There were alumni and all the high school cross country team was there, too.  It was very fun to watch and Hub came in at 20:11!  He wanted to do 19:30, but it was a trail run and we don't do much any trail running.  I still think he did an awesome job!!!

After the race, he doesn't even look winded... he's so speedy!




I got up early before the race and ran 4 miles... all negative splits, Yeah Baby!!!  9:04, 9:02, 8:51, 8:46.  It felt good!


When we got home I went downtown with my neighbor friend, we sat by the beach and just talked.  It was nice. 




When I got home, we were super hungry so Hubby fired up the grill.  We had stuffed burgers, mashed potatoes, and olives.  I didn't want the bun but he already made me one, so I ate cheese bread :)

Just in case you were wondering what beagles do while both parents are busy... looking for squirrels yet again.  And apparently, it's better to squeeze your head through the railings than to go down into the yard.  hah.

This week I have a 12 miler (I was supposed to do it this weekend and it just didn't work out, so I will do it tomorrow.)  Also some short runs.  Friday I am going to see my Grandpa turn 90!  My Dad and I are road tripping down there, so that will be full of fun and good food!


What are your plans for the upcoming week?


No comments:

Post a Comment