Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Long Run

Hello!!!

Back to work I go.  Last week was Spring Break and it was glorious!  After recovering from the flu I got in some good runs, and even did a long(ish) run to get ready for my 25k.

First things first, Friday Hubby took work off so we could spend some time together.  We went to a little neighboring beach town and explored, ran up some sand dunes, and ate some delicious food!  I don't take pictures of food but we had dill havarti soup, crab bisque, and a delicious sandwich with guacamole on it!  Here's us on the beach though!


We were also beagle sitting this weekend!  Our friends have a mini beagle so we watched her and it was so funny how the two beagles did the same stuff all weekend long!



Now onto my 10 miler!  I was pretty nervous as I haven't ran over 8 miles in a long time, and my mind does terrible things to me during long runs.  I ran up some pretty big hills for the first couple miles (I knew I was going to) but was going to miss them on my way back... well being a glutton for punishment I decided it would be good for me to run the hills on the way back, too.  So I did.  So here are my splits for the run 8:46, 8:55, 9:02, 9:02, 9:09, 9:31, 9:10, 9:22, 9:30, 9:20.  Not my best, not my worst.  I was actually very pleased with my time and very happy with how the run went.  I did get my shoes all muddy though...



It's so exciting to not have to wear running tights and gloves and hats and jackets while running now!  Happy Spring!!


How is training going?  Do you get a Spring Break?  Vacations?  What's new?

No comments:

Post a Comment