Monday, April 7, 2014

I can do this!

Good Morn!

Last Friday I woke up in the middle of the night and threw up.  I went back to sleep.  I woke up an hour later and threw up again, this time it was violent.  I was shaking, sweating, and pure white.  I woke up my husband and told him to take me to the hospital because this was the worst throwing up I have ever had.  He calmly said to wait and see what happens in a couple hours while rubbing my back while I'm puking in the toilet (I have a winner, friends.. seriously.)  So anyways, fast forward a few hours later, I'm still puking.  It was terrible. 

 

All day Saturday I felt sick to my stomach and didn't do much of anything.  Except I did get to see my brother, the one I ran the marathon with!  It was a special time.  After that I slept and slept some more.


Sunday rolls around and my stomach is in pain.  Like weird pain.  A pain I have never felt.  I lay down all day with a heating pad on my belly.  So I didn't know whether or not I could run today.

I got up and felt pretty good and decided to set out for an easy 3 mile run.  It was going pretty well and I decided not to pay attention to my watch at all.  I figured I just took three days off, and was pretty sick.  Whatever pace I'm going is good enough.  I got to 3 miles and felt good so I decided to make it to 4!  I was so excited!!  And my pace was all right, too.  Not too bad for my first run after sickness :)


Now for a day of shopping and maybe a haircut with my momma! 

How long do you wait to run after you are sick? 
How was your run today?

No comments:

Post a Comment