Saturday, April 19, 2014

5k and Pinterest FAIL!

Good Morn!

Wish me luck... I'm off to a 5k.  Would love to PR, but I really don't think it's going to happen.  My previous PR is 24:30.  To beat that would be pretty amazing for me!  But we will see how it goes!

I made a birthday cake for my fabulous sister and it was supposed to turn out like this


Here is mine...


Yes you see that right, it looks like poop.  So... I was too embarrassed to take it over to my parents.  I ended up spreading it all out to look like this.  Not much better but it didn't look like piles of poop.


The good part of this story is that the cake tasted amazing!! It is a chocolate/coffee flavored cake with mocha buttercream frosting.  I combined two cake recipes and a different frosting recipe and it turned out very well.  I think almost everyone had 2 pieces!!  

Okay, now I'm off... I'll post on instagram.  So check it out, if you want :)  Have a great weekend and Happy Resurrection Day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment