Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Speed Work- Mile Repeats-- Kind of :)

Hello!!

Whew!!  Speed work is NO JOKE!  I decided to do some mile repeats yesterday and I didn't like it.  (I may like it when I start running faster) but it was HARD.  I decided that since my 5K PR is 7:52/mile, I would try to run one mile hard at 7:30, then sloooooowly jog for 3 minutes, one mile hard at 7:30, jog slow for 3 minutes, repeat until I hit 4 miles.  Easier said than done.  I did the first mile in 7:33, jogged for 3 minutes and decided I was done.  But, I remembered that I told you guys that I would push through.  So, I still did the run, just a little different.  The second mile I ran at a normal pace (9:00), mile 3 I did in 7:45, mile 4 8:54.  I averaged an 8:19 pace for a 4.11 mile run.  Better than I have ever ran so that was good, but I'm feeling sore today.  Wow, sorry I just wrote a novel on my 4 mile run.  I looked at this while I was running.  Aren't the trees so pretty??


We are having a little Fall Kick-Off/Pumpkin Carving Contest this weekend and I made these cute signs for our food.  Aren't the precious?


I am loving this fall weather and just may bust out my new fall skirt I got at Goodwill :)

Have an awesome Wednesday and get in a good workout :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome workout! Repeats are hard because... well, they are just repeats! lol. I cannot wait to get back to running after my foot heals. So glad I found your blog!

    Maria @ The Good Life

    ReplyDelete